I have made a few things since my last post, but I have not been very good about sharing them on this blog! Now that Valentine’s Day is over, I will post this ATC I made using a Red Lead valentine stamp. I inked it and stamped it twice on each ATC, then colored it in with lots of different Ranger Distress inks. The text stamp is from a retired Stampin’ Up set. And if you go to the Red Lead blog now, you can leave a comment for a chance to win a fabulous prize package full of good things from their store. Here is the link:
I will be mailing this ATC to Trishia soon for the “Love Me Two” challenge she is holding on her FrenchKissed blog. The image of the woman is one of her “underloved” postcards. The background is some French text that is also part of the FrenchKissed inventory. I added some designer paper from my stash, a little German Scrap, and an Eiffel Tower sequin that I purchased from Collage Stuff. I used a Martha Stewart punch on some white glitter paper to make the flower branches. The “Paris Girl” phrase is a stamp from Red Lead.
Red Lead Paperworks sells several shapes of chipboard houses that are so much fun to alter! This one was made for a “casa” swap with one of the Yahoo groups to which I belong. The pencils in the roof were stamped with an image that is also sold by Red Lead. Love that store! The book images are from Deviant Scrap,and the mathematical equation stamped in the background (hard to see) is from Club Scrap. Punching a hole in the chipboard was a beast. If you know of an easy way to do this, please leave a comment and let me know how!! Thanks!
I believe snow is a 4-letter word for most of the country right now. We got to enjoy a few pretty inches while visiting family in Iowa for Christmas — nothing compared to what is on the ground now. There is even a chance that we will have snow in central Texas tonight or tomorrow. That means we just “hunker down” until it melts, which should be by Saturday. We just aren’t equipped to handle snow here, since it is such a rarity.
This little guy is a sweet stamp manufactured by Red Lead. I’ve been wanting to ink him up for a while, so decided to make him into an ATC for my monthly swap at Stampin’ D’Amour. Lots of inking, stamping, and embossing went into making him, which is sometimes a relief from the fussy cutting that I do to make most of my ATCs. Seems like there is always something on my cards by Tim Holtz, too, if only some distress ink here or there. This time I used one of his tiny text background stamps and the tiny attacher to fasten down the ribbon. Oh yes, and some Black Soot ink, too! Happy Snow Day, everyone!
This is one of three postcard tags I made for the latest swap at Red Lead PaperWorks. This is the last one I made, and it turned out to be my favorite. I kind of hated sending it away! I used a lot of ink and a little acrylic paint on this to get the background the way I wanted it. The stamps are all from Red Lead, except for the postmark cancellation and the word “nevermore”, which happens to be an old Making Memories magnetic alphabet. (I really should use this alphabet more often, because it’s so easy to line up and space the letters in a word.) The photo image is from a Red Lead collage sheet (Ancestors 36); it was the only woman on the sheet, so she is Lenore!
Other supplies: Martha Stewart graveyard border punch and EK Success scallop border punch, German scrap, scrapbook paper, Ranger ink (Distress and archival black), Stampin’ Up ink, Tim Holtz fragment and tissue tape, tiny glass beads, glossy accents, book tape from Club Scrap (along the spine of the hymnal), Poe postage stamp (image found on the web), pop dots, seam binding ribbon from Red Lead.
I have always wanted to make an ATC with Edgar Allen Poe’s image, so when my VPI ATCs group posted this swap, I came up with this one. I found an image of Poe on the web and printed it on a transparency (hence, the glare in the photo!). I could have added the famous opening line to the poem in Photoshop, but I have this great Red Lead stamp that I wanted to use. However, inking up just a portion of the stamp with the corner of my StazOn pad wasn’t working, so I came up with this plan of attack:
I simply used my StazOn reinker to douse the tip of a Tsukineko fantastix brush, and I was able to dab just the text of my stamp without touching any rubber from adjoining images. I used very little ink, so I didn’t care if it dried out. Even so, the ink stayed moist for a couple of days. I marked my tool so I can reuse it in the future.
The background paper (and crow) is from Digital Collage Sheets.Com. I used my Martha Stewart scary branch punch in the corners, and edged the whole thing with some Tim Holtz tissue tape (I promised myself I would not hoard this). The edges were inked with Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger), and I added a strip of German scrap along with miscellaneous bling on the bird’s hat.